Permanent position: Junior Business Analyst
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 DOE + annual company/performance bonus
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Benefits: Flexible working, relaxed office environment, generous holiday allowance, company bonus scheme, company pension scheme, free staff events, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
We are an established software development company with a growing presence in the Membership and Charity sector. We are a really talented and motivated team that’s focused on bringing change to the not-for-profit sector.
Felinesoft is looking for a Junior Business Analyst to work as part of our Upstream team and working closely with our Technical teams, to ensure successful project delivery on a variety of small to large bespoke website and software projects. Most likely working on more than one project at a time, you will have the opportunity to grow your skill set on a range of exciting projects in a dynamic, growing software house.
There will be occasional travel off-site to visit clients and other key stakeholders, though travel will be kept to a minimum where possible.
The Junior Business Analyst’s job will sometimes be focused on several systems and integrating those systems to deliver maximum efficiency and business value. When working on multiple systems you will need to consider information flow and data requirements, as well as make strategic decisions about what functionality belongs inside what system.
- Requirements gathering /elicitation process, conducting stakeholder interviews, navigating the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, and defining an end-to-end business process that is accepted by all groups;
- Mapping out the epics, features and user stories for one or more systems to support these needs and processes; creating process diagrams as well as wire framing and user journey planning.
- Performing feasibility analysis, scoping projects, and working with the development team to prioritize deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Creating detailed Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and translating it into user stories and information architecture
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Creating and managing user stories in coordination with software development teams.
- Guiding the development team on a day to day basis with regard to the interpretation of user stories
Essential Skills/ Knowledge
- A good technical understanding of website and software development
- Experience of business and/or data analysis
- Some experience of wire framing, user journey planning, and creating process diagrams
- Great attention to detail when writing and maintaining documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident client-facing and presentational skills
- Good analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Experience or knowledge of user testing
Nice to have skills or experience
We'd be even more impressed if you have:
- Skills in facilitation, prioritization, and scope management
- Software/ website development background
- Database design background
- Project Management experience, especially in agile
- Working knowledge of UML
- Working knowledge of Axure (or omnigraph) and Vision
- Fast learner with an ability to pick up or self-teach new software tools
- Self-confident with excellent communication skills
- Good team player
Before applying please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
When you are ready to apply click here. As of 5th September 2018, due to a high number of applications, this vacancy is currently closed. If you have applied for this exciting role, thank you, and we will get back to you as soon as we can with feedback on your application.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies please.