Ambitious Senior Technical Consultant – rare opportunity
Location: Central Bristol BS1 3AE
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 DOE + annual company/performance bonus
Are you a senior .Net Web/ SoftwareDeveloper or Technical Architect who loves to work on a variety of projects with different technologies?
Do you have a passion for problem-solving and the technical expertise and consultancy skills necessary to advise and assist our development teams? You will need to use your technical knowledge and judgement in problem determination to preempt, investigate and solve software problems, sometimes working closely with the Technical Director and at other times working independently.
This is a taste of what your duties will involve:
- Providing technical support, performing trouble-shooting functions and resolving software issues on a need to basis.
- Assisting the Technical Director to communicate and enforce coding standards across project teams.
- Assisting in scoping out technical solutions, using expertise to pre-empt software issues and to ensure viable and maintainable architecture are in place.
- Assisting in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective, such as building prototypes or demos, and working on proof of concept with new technologies.
- Using technical knowledge to suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for someone with the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- 10 years + commercial experience in developing software, websites and apps, and at least 2 years’ experience of technical architecture.
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various programming languages, including complex database concepts, OO concepts and browser/client specific compatibility issues.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Familiar with working to agile/ scrum practices;
- Experienced working with .Net CMS, such as Umbraco;
- Collaborative team player and leadership skills; you must have the ability to lead and carefully manage internal relationships.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) or equivalent system
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies please.
Please note that all applicants must have the right to work in the UK