Permanent position in central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Salary: £32,000 to £42,000 DOE + Benefits
Closing date: 2nd July 2017
Felinesoft is looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst to work from our central Bristol office. There will be regular travel off-site to visit clients and other key stakeholders, though travel will be kept to a minimum where possible.
You will work closely with both the Upstream and Technical teams, ensuring successful project delivery on a variety of small to large bespoke website and software projects. You will have the opportunity to grow your skill set on a range of exciting projects in a dynamic, growing software house.
The Technical Business Analyst’s job will sometimes be focused on several systems and integrating those systems to deliver maximum efficiency and business value. When working on multiple systems the BA will need to consider information flow and data requirements, as well as make strategic decisions about what functionality belongs inside what system. The Technical BA will most likely work on more than one project at a time. Projects that are larger in scope may require full-time focus in the short-term, but because we use agile processes, we break down large projects so that they can be delivered incrementally.
· Requirements gathering /elicitation process, conducting stakeholder interviews, navigating the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, and defining an end-to-end business process that is accepted by all groups;
· Mapping out the epic features and user stories for one or more systems to support these needs and processes; creating process diagrams as well as wire framing and user journey planning.
· Performing feasibility analysis, scoping projects, and working with the development team to prioritize deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
· Creating detailed Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and translating it into user stories and information architecture
· Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
· Creating and managing user stories in coordination with software development teams.
· Guiding the development team on a day to day basis with regard to the interpretation of user stories
Essential Skills/ Knowledge:
· Skilled in facilitation, prioritization, and scope management;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Confident client-facing and presentational skills
· Good analytical and creative thinking abilities
· A good technical understanding of website and software development
· Working knowledge of UML
· Working knowledge of Axure (or omnigraph) and Visio
· Experienced in wire framing, user journey planning, and creating process diagrams
· Experience of user testing
Desirable Skills/ Knowledge:
We’d be even more impressed if you have:
· Software/ website development background
· Database design back ground
· Project Management experience, especially in agile
We are a growing development house, in business since 2002 and based in central Bristol. We are technical specialists, but we know that businesses aren't built just by technology. We employ great staff from all over the world, and base them in the UK so they can focus on building strong working relationships as well as wonderful technical solutions.
We are the power behind leading agencies and businesses. Come join us!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering email/ letter to email@example.com
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies please.