JTB Dad Dancing Microsite
As one of Draftfcb’s trusted technical partners, we were tasked with the build of the ‘Dad Dancing’ microsite. The aim of the campaign was to boost traffic to the Jamaican Tourist Board website from families with teenagers and increase holiday booking enquiries. The Dad Dancing microsite enabled teenagers to upload videos of their dad dancing and enter their dad into the competition to win a week of dance rehab in Jamaica, accompanied by three other family members.
Draftfcb produced a short film of badly dancing Dads against a specially composed music track which would help explain the competition. This was seeded on teen and mum sites, and other social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. The site was also featured on the Virgin Holidays website and YouTube, but soon became shared via the blogosphere with even the National Health Service recommending it as beneficial exercise for older men.
Having worked with Draftfcb on numerous campaigns, they knew we had all the processes in place to tightly project manage the website build and keep costs to budget. The campaign was successful against a number of criteria:
- 125, 071 plays of the viral video were achieved through a seeding campaign
- Plus there have been an additional 6,933 visits to the site generating 22,229 page views
- The average time users spent on the site was 1:38 minutes
- The number of video entries on the site was 22 and they were viewed in total 43,146 times
- It was shared widely on the blogosphere
- In addition to this, both The Sun newspaper did an online feature on the campaign directing people to the dad dancing site (www.totallydaddancing.com) and, the NHS featured it on one of their local sites recommending Dads dancing as a beneficial exercise for older men
- Finally, booking enquiries were up 40% year on year – all for just £16,000!