Permanent Position: Senior UX Designer
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 per year DOE
Location: Central Bristol (BS1 3AE)
Benefits: Flexible working environment, generous holiday allowance and training budget, discretionary annual company bonus, pension, free staff events, onsite free gym, secure cycle parking, hot showers + nice people to work with!
Are you an experienced UX Designer/ UX Consultant who loves to work on a variety of projects with different technologies? As our in-house UX Consultant you will work collaboratively with our Technical BAs, Front-end developers and our clients to craft solutions that make a difference.
As our Senior UX Designer you’ll be running the UX process from start to finish. You will be hands on from discovery and research all the way through to UX Design and helping to guide and define our clients’ digital vision. Leading up our UX team, you’ll also be mentoring our UX Designer and potentially growing the team in the near future.
Felinesoft has a self-organising, collaborative working environment and we’d love for someone to join us who is comfortable sharing their experiences, managing their own time and directing their own professional development. The team is keen to learn and to share their knowledge so you will also be participating in conceptual design studio sessions called ‘Design Labs’ with UX, UI and front-end developers, bringing the perspective of UX standards and trends to the table.
We work with a range of interesting clients, such as Macmillan Cancer Support, The Royal Society of Medicine, The Kennel Club, and NorthRow. Many of our clients are from the Not-for Profit and Membership sectors, but not solely. There will be some travel to client site required as part of this role.
Essential skills and experience
- 5+ years’ proven experience working as a UX Designer
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams researching, designing and building digital products, preferably in an agency environment
- Practical experience of user experience include user research, requirements gathering, workshops and UX design techniques:
- evaluating user needs, goals and preference by conducting usability tests, user research, card sorts, tree testing and surveys
- analysing research and distilling the results into compelling materials such as personas, experience maps, service blueprints and strategic design deliverables
- eliciting stakeholder feedback and buy-in, for instance by running workshops and interviews with our clients
- documenting the user experience by creating and presenting wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, information architecture, reports and other deliverables
- Familiar with wireframing software (Axure RP, Adobe XD, Balsamiq or similar)
- You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, and to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner
- Experience in presenting and confident to participate in pitchs
- Established portfolio of projects
- Understanding of user centred design principles
- Passion for user interface design
- Collaborative team worker
- Keen eye for detail
Nice to haves
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Product Design or a computer science field
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of a range of UX and analysis tools (such as Google analystics, Adobe analytics, Optimal workshop)
Once you are ready to apply click here.
Strictly no unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies.